This drink is a simple and delicious way to stay healthy. All you need is some fresh water and a cucumber. Combine these both and enjoy your extremely beneficial and healthy drink.
Drinking plenty of liquids is one of the most important aspects in maintaining health, but let’s be honest — plain water sure is boring! Some times we would rather drink something else with a more distinctive flavor.
Cucumber water is a healthy and aromatic substitute for all the drinks that you usually consume and it is an excellent way to get rid of excess pounds.
The most effective way to melt fat is to reduce the intake of calories and drink cucumber water instead of your favorite soft drink.
Water has zero calories, and one cucumber has less than 50 calories, meaning that if you add a few cucumber slices to your water you will sure consume less calories than a can of soda (150 calories) and a glass of apple juice (113 calories).
Here are 7 reasons to drink cucumber water more often:
1. This refreshing water will reduce your appetite. When you are dehydrated, instead of thirsty, you often feel hungry. Cucumber water will hydrate your body and keep you full till the next meal. In this way you will also avoid afternoon snack, cut off calories and feel full for longer. Avoiding afternoon snacks will help you burn calories easily and avoid gaining weight.
2. It will help you improve your skin complexion, because cucumbers are rich in silicon dioxide, which is quite helpful in the treatment of acne. Silicon dioxida also strengthens muscle tissue. Being hydrated is one of the most efficient ways to a softer and smoother skin.
Cucumbers are 95% water, meaning they are excellent when it comes to hydrating sin. Cucumber seeds contain vitamin E and potassium, which help in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes and other aging signs.
3. Cucumber water is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, including vitamin A and D. It will also help you ease hangovers. Really, you have no excuse for not trying it.
4. Hydrating your tissues is essential for overall health. Dehydration is a state in which your body does not have enough water to function properly. Humans lose water through breathing, sweating and during those “short trips” to the bathroom.
The amount of water you receive through the food you eat and the drinks you have is essential for your hydration. Sufficiently hydrated body is packed with energy and vital organs give their best at doing their job. Add a few cucumber slices to your purified water and water will never be boring to you again.
5. Source of antioxidants and complete detox
Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants like alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin and lutein. These fight free radicals and prevent premature aging and age related diseases. In this way your body will eliminate toxins and combat free radicals. Water in cucumbers cleanses body and flushes out waste products.
6. Decrease blood pressure
Hypertension has shown to be quite a serious problem in the US. One out of three adult Americans struggles with high blood pressure. Regulating your blood pressure is essential, as hypertension often leads to stroke, heart disease, kidney disease and vision problems. Cucumbers are rich in potassium, which is essential for people with hypertension.
7. Healthier hair
Cucumber boosts hair growth due to it high silicon, phosphorus and calcium content. These nutrients are the most essential when it comes to hair growth. Cucumber water gives hair a healthy shine.
Here is how to make your cucumber water:
Take a flavorful and fresh cucumber and wash it well. Cut your cucumber into slices and add them into your water. Let it rest for a few hours or overnight. For a more intense flavor, add some mint leaves, lemon or strawberries.